Our Allied Health Services
Carinity Fassifern Community Centre members are able to access a range of allied health services from external providers who currently work from the centre.
- Occupational Therapy can help people through developing and maintaining motor skills for everyday life.
- Speech Pathology support is focusing on developing speaking, listing, writing, speaking and social skills.
- Experienced psychologists provide support for emotional and mental wellbeing.
- Counselling offers an opportunity for people to discuss issues or personal challenges in a non-judgemental and caring space.
- Alcohol and specific counselling for drug use is available at the centre.
- Audiologists are focused on identifying impairments and correcting hearing.
Call 07 5463 2966 and let us know the service you would like access.
- At Work Australia offers job support to people with disability, mental health conditions or people who may need to overcome other challenges.
- Family Services Australia programs are focused on improving family life and building relationship skills. Family Services Australia have a range of programs, including disability employment services. Consultants help to find jobs for candidates.
- Mylestones Employment connects people with disabilities with employment.
- Busy Ability‘s mission is to support people with disability and people who may be disadvantaged to find training programs and employment support.
- APM Group helps people living with injuries, illness and disability to find work through resume writing and job coaching support. Consultants can support candidates with meeting local employers, work placement opportunities, job-specific training, help with transport, tools and uniform costs.
Call 07 5463 2966 to review your employment goals and needs. We will connect you with the best employment service provider for you.
Get Set For Work
The Get Set For Work program involves practical hands-on training at the on-site cafe and catering at local events. You can put into practice the theory from the program and work within the local community in a fun and supportive environment.
Friday 9:30am – 12pm
4 Little High Street
Boonah QLD 4310
Enquire about the training program, or enjoy Café 11 meals and drinks made and served by our students.
07 5463 2966
Boonah to Brisbane Active Community Transport Incorporation (ACT) Program
Carinity Fassifern has teamed up with the Active Community Transport Incorporation (ACT) and Crisps Coaches to take passengers into Brisbane with the option of returning later on the same day.
This service will provide access to:
• Specialist/Medical and Hospital appointments
• Roma Street Station and
• Brisbane network and entertainment facilities.
Pick up and drop off locations
• Aratula, Puma service station, Cunningham Highway: 9.00am
• Coronation Park, Boonah: 9.10am (approx.)
• Peak Crossing Park: 9.25am (approx.)
• Roma St Station, Brisbane arrival time: 10.45am (approx.)
• Roma St Station, Brisbane departure time: 3.00pm
The following stops are available on request at the time of booking:
• River Road Dinmore, bus stop #6 (near train station)
• Wacol Railway Station
• Princess Alexandra Hospital
• Mater Hospital
Boonah to Brisbane (87km)
Adult $37 one way
Concession $31 one way
Boonah to Dinmore (60km)
Adult $32 one way
Concession $27 one way
* 2 days notice is required for wheelchair access
Book your ticket
Call 4661 8333 or book online via www.crisps.com.au
Find out about other services and download Community Beat Newsletter below!
Community Beat – August 2022
Community Beat – July 2022
Community Beat – June 2022
Community Beat – May 2022